Astrologer, Teacher, Author, Life Guide
I have been in practice for more than 20 years. But long before then, in fact, from the beginning, the unfolding of my own heart’s plan led me toward what I would do and who I would become. My work has grown out of my life experience and my spirituality. Looking back, it seems that everything, whether beautiful or painful, served a purpose to leading me here.
Hush, listen. There is wisdom inside you calling the way. Look closely….for your experience in this world is alive with meaning.
A little more about my background, training and experience:
- I’ve practiced in Sydney, San Francisco, Byron Bay, and the Sunshine Coast. I now work with all my clients, local, interstate, and international, via Zoom, Skype or phone.
- I have designed and created a 1 year professional astrology training program, with a holistic, spiritual, and self-development focus. I’m now teaching this training online through Nature Care College, Australia’s longest serving and most successful holistic health care education provider. I’m loving this work and my students.
- I’m a published writer, having authored a non-fiction book and feature articles in national magazines and newspapers.
- I’ve worked as a tertiary teacher at the University of Technology Sydney, lecturing in communication skills – and I hold tertiary qualifications in this field.
- I’m trained in professional writing, singing, and the performing arts.
- I’ve studied and trained in astrology for more than 30 years (including the TrustPsyche School’s Deepen Your Astrological Practice Certificate course of study with therapist Jessica DiRuzza (MFT), and am also trained in reading tarot.
- I am trained in counselling skills, having graduated from the Psychosynthesis Training Program in San Francisco. Psychosynthesis is a transpersonal psychology that helps us connect with our spiritual core, or the deeper essence of who we are. It is a holistic psychology that facilitates growth and well-being by embracing all aspects of our experience, and all parts of ourselves.
- Jungian depth psychology has been a major influence on my development, as a person and a practitioner. Especially Jung’s ideas on archetypes and synchronicity. Other profound influences have been the ideas of archetypal psychology and archetypal astrology, and the writings of James Hillman, Joseph Campbell, Richard Tarnas, Thomas Moore, Liz Greene, Stan Grof, and Keiron Le Grice.
- I also have a wide set of experiences in other trainings, including relationship counselling, Mindell’s process work, mindfulness meditation, dream work, non-violent communication, breathwork, and shamanic work.
- And my greatest learning is the experience of the archetypes in my own life.
Since childhood I’ve been drawn by the wonders of an inner world – the meanings to be found in Nature, story, myth, poetry and dreams. And, as I would discover later, in an astrological picture of the heavens. In the imaginative way of soul, we are each a work of art, a poem, the siren song of our heart’s plan. And this is mine.